Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best way to integrate digital media to home AV system?

What is the best way that folks like these days to integrate digital media into a traditional AV system?

Let's say one has a home theater A/V reciever, dvd player, record player, HD TV and surround sound. What is the best device or devices to add on to this to access a digital music and video library? Also what is the best way to share that library throughout the house so that it can be accessed by multiple people at one time?

Windows 7

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 11:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2013 4:29 PM

Hello, I see your question has been out there for a while. But I just went through this myself and would recommend the new 3rd Generation Apple TV for just this purpose. I see this is listed under an iTunes for Windows discussion group, so you may not be using Apple systems for your home computer. However, I recently purchase a home computer system with one of the main goals being to access high resolution audio files from my iTunes library and play them over our home stereo system. Using Apple's Home Sharing and their Apple TV device you can access high quality audio and video files on your home network and enjoy them over your HD TV and home stero system. You can also access these files through other devices (smart phones, tablets and laptops). I don't have any knowledge of how well the system works with non-Apple devices, but we have enjoyed it with our Apple system.

The link below may also be helpful.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5721735

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2013 4:29 PM in response to westcoast11

Hello, I see your question has been out there for a while. But I just went through this myself and would recommend the new 3rd Generation Apple TV for just this purpose. I see this is listed under an iTunes for Windows discussion group, so you may not be using Apple systems for your home computer. However, I recently purchase a home computer system with one of the main goals being to access high resolution audio files from my iTunes library and play them over our home stereo system. Using Apple's Home Sharing and their Apple TV device you can access high quality audio and video files on your home network and enjoy them over your HD TV and home stero system. You can also access these files through other devices (smart phones, tablets and laptops). I don't have any knowledge of how well the system works with non-Apple devices, but we have enjoyed it with our Apple system.

The link below may also be helpful.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5721735

Best way to integrate digital media to home AV system?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.