Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i access my ipad clipbboard?

I am not to much of a computer person and when using my ipad sometimes it asks if I want to save things to the "clipboard" and then I don't know where to find this "clipboard". Please Help.

iPad

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 12:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 12:17 PM

Oh ok - I think I get it. So its not like there is something that is saving a whole bunch of stuff in a file or folder? Haha

Thank you - I was kinda nervous as to what was saved and who could access it.

5 replies

Jan 2, 2012 12:11 PM in response to boltonmami

The clipboard is not visible nor is is accessible by you other than to paste content from it - into anywhere that the Paste feature will work. It hold whatever you have copied and works behind the scenes until you need to paste the content that it is holding for you - text, photo, Web page, etc.

Jan 2, 2012 12:28 PM in response to boltonmami

boltonmami wrote:

So its not like there is something that is saving a whole bunch of stuff in a file or folder?

Correct. It is not a folder that saves lots and lots of information or files. It saves only the very last item .... line of text, photo, etc. that you saved by using the Copy feature - and it stores that information until the nect time that you use the copy feature again.

Jan 8, 2012 12:39 PM in response to Demo

So if I accidentally copied and pasted the wrong one sentence text over all of the text that I wrote after cutting or copying and pasting the original LONG essay text online that I wrote on the Internet there is NO clipboard for me on an IPad 2 for me to find my LONG originally copied and pasted text? Even though I copied the whole thing and then accidentally copied something else, selected all, and pasted the wrong tiny item, replacing my LONG 3hour essay?

how do i access my ipad clipbboard?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.