Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro additional content help

I bought Logic pro from the app store yesterday and spent all day downloading the additional content only for it read that Logic was unable to successfully download it. it is very frustrating since i've spent hours on this. Not sure what to do. I have an iMac and am running Lion.

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 12:32 PM

15 replies

Feb 22, 2012 4:35 AM in response to Tim Jones13

I have the same problem.
and did exactly what you explained before.
but even many hours later, at the end of the download, start installing these files, but nothing happens. I left the computer several hours believing that something would happen, but nothing ... Logic freezes and I have to force quit.
When opened again, the extras, are still not installed.
I run it on a iMac, OS 10.6.8, you should upgrade to lion?
and ... you may have previously installed on a Macbook Pro that has been broken, create a problem?
sorry for my english ... = (
thanks anyway?

Apr 11, 2012 5:21 AM in response to Polant

I have the same problem!

When download of extra content is about 80% it ask to me the account password and then it stops and Mac freeze...nothing appens!

What is solution for correct download?

I have a Mac Pro 2.66 Ghz Quad core + 3Gb memory + Mac Os 10.6.8 and a high speed ADSL connection cabled directly to the computer

Jun 30, 2012 5:39 PM in response to superprep06

Hey guys, had the similar issue. However, for me, I had one of the packages completed. So what I did, is tried and install the package that had already be completed. It prompted me that it was already installed if I wanted to skip or install additional packages or files. I clicked install additional files and nothing happened.

I brought up the screen to install additional content again and tried installing all of them again at the same time and it worked!

Don't know whats going on but hey. Haha

Jul 3, 2012 6:57 AM in response to superprep06

I installed Logic Pro 9 last week. I have been downloading additional content since then. I did choose to DL files one at a time. The smaller files (under 1 gig) downloaded and installed. The larger files are not completing. What's worse, I have to stop the download after 12 hours or so and when I restart the DL, anything previously downloaded is gone and I need to start from scratch again. Anyone know how to pause a DL and resume it later?? Thx.

Jul 19, 2012 12:45 PM in response to revola

Well, just an update. I finally DID get the additional content downloaded and installed. Unfortunately, the Video Chip in the Macbook Pro went out (again - second time). I decided to replace the macbook with a Lion OS version. I did a data migration but unfortunately, not all of the software instruments can be found. So here I am again, download **** once more.

Aug 15, 2012 6:45 AM in response to superprep06

Hello. Having had the same issue I phoned Apple support and they were great. They suggested it might be a cache problem, made me set up a new test account and try the download this way. In fact it did not work for me, but this might be worth trying for those out there with the same issue.

I was then asked to check with my Broadband provider BT to see if they had any cap on download sizes and believe it or not the router is capped at 2GB, even on a Business Broadband package! Apparently it can be manually overriden with the help of tech support, and that is my next step, but this is clearly the cause of the problem. So I suggest you check with your ISP to see what download restrictions they may have imposed on you!

Good luck.

Mar 3, 2013 8:45 PM in response to superprep06

Problem when downloading additonnal contents. with error message

near the end ( 2,7 G of 2,9 ) for this additionnal content Always impossible to finish downloading

Try many time with the same result.

Download OK until the end of the downloading near the end and ............

- MBPro end 2011 2,8 core i7 - Time Capsule 2To - MainStage - GarageBand-

Logic Pro additional content help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.