Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to access youtube

iPod Touch, Model Identifier 1,1. iOS 1.1.5. Order number MA623LL/A (8 GB). This belongs to a family member, not me. I do not use it and am not familiar with iPod touch. When trying to access youtube via the onscreen app, a box pops up "cannot connect to YouTube". When using Safari on the iPod, you can access YouTube and it allows you to search for a video, but when you try and watch the video a message pops up that says "Safari can't open the page because the address is invalid". Not having problems accessing other websites. Please advise on how to reslove this problem. Thanks in advance.

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 2:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 2:06 PM

If your family member doesn't mind you can try syncing with iTunes (by plugging the iPod into the computer using usb) and then you can update to a newer firmware such as the 3.x or 4.x series. After syncing you can update the iPod by pressing the "Update" button on the "Summary" page of iTunes (while you have the iPod selected from the left-hand column).

This will likely resolve the issue 🙂

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2012 2:06 PM in response to shldr2thewheel

If your family member doesn't mind you can try syncing with iTunes (by plugging the iPod into the computer using usb) and then you can update to a newer firmware such as the 3.x or 4.x series. After syncing you can update the iPod by pressing the "Update" button on the "Summary" page of iTunes (while you have the iPod selected from the left-hand column).

This will likely resolve the issue 🙂

Jan 2, 2012 2:35 PM in response to MattV.

from what mactracker says, iOS 1.1.5 is the max you can go for free. You can update as high as iOS 3.1.3 if you pay (Ihave no idea how much this costs, how to update to this higher version of iOS or if it is even worth it, which of couse my family member would have to decide). I restored the iTouch to factory settings with iOS 1.1.5. Issue still present. They are using iTunes for PC.

Unable to access youtube

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.