Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"This account cannot be used with apple tv." Youtube

When trying to sign into youtube on apple tv, the error "this account cannot be used with apple tv." Why is this and how do i fix it?

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 2:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 2:12 PM

It might be because the account has all of it's videos from being disabled from playing on a mobile device. You can change this by editing this option in at least one video. The setting for each video is located where you can change the title of a video.

6 replies

May 5, 2012 5:06 PM in response to maddyfromsalt lake city

Hi,

I had the same problem with an "upgraded" youtube account. i.e. ages ago I must have pressed the upgrade button and integrated it into Google. I login via a gmail username. This account behaves the same way as a new google/youtube account.

My hardware is Apple TV 3 purchased around April 2012 in Australia

spent hours trying all sorts of remedies nothing worked e.g. :-

- enabled two factor authentication in youtube

- create mobile application password

In the end the answer was simple, turned off all the above and reverted the account to it's basic settings.

Create a channel in the account and it started working

Feb 26, 2013 5:31 AM in response to maddyfromsalt lake city

I had the same issue as above. Just purchased and installed Apple TV yesterday. After set up, I had no trouble signing into YouTube as I do on the PC or Ipad and it worked fine. THe problem started AFTER I signed out. WHen I tried to go back in to YouTube again I got the noted error. So the question is why did it work as it does on other devices, but now I cannot get back in to my account? I am not sure how to try the work arounds mentioned by rockwater321 and loralaine.

"This account cannot be used with apple tv." Youtube

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.