6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 9, 2014 1:16 PM by Mike Greiner
maddyfromsalt lake city Level 1 (0 points)

When trying to sign into youtube on apple tv, the error "this account cannot be used with apple tv."  Why is this and how do i fix it?

• Austin James Level 1 (45 points)

It might be because the account has all of it's videos from being disabled from playing on a mobile device. You can change this by editing this option in at least one video. The setting for each video is located where you can change the title of a video.

• rockwater321 Level 1 (0 points)

Hi,

I had the same problem with an "upgraded" youtube account.  i.e. ages ago I must have pressed the upgrade button and integrated it into Google.  I login via a gmail username.  This account behaves the same way as a new google/youtube account.

My hardware is Apple TV 3 purchased around April 2012 in Australia

spent hours trying all sorts of remedies nothing worked e.g. :-

- enabled two factor authentication in youtube

- create mobile application password

In the end the answer was simple,  turned off all the above and reverted the account to it's basic settings.

Create a channel in the account and it started working

• loralaine Level 1 (0 points)

I just created a channel and it works, I can sign in Youtube from apple tv, thanks

• DaveTFL Level 1 (0 points)

I had the same issue as above. Just purchased and installed Apple TV yesterday. After set up, I had  no trouble signing into YouTube as I do on the PC or Ipad and it worked fine. THe problem started AFTER I signed out. WHen I tried to go back in to YouTube again I got the noted error. So the question is why did it work as it does on other devices, but now I cannot get back in to my account? I am not sure how to try the work arounds mentioned by rockwater321 and loralaine.

• bluesea60 Level 1 (0 points)

I spent hours researching online and tried everything mentioned with no luck.  This took less than a minute and everything works perfectly.  Thanks!

• Mike Greiner Level 1 (70 points)

I have to admit this problem had me baffled.

Creating a channel totally fixed it. Thanks!

How in the world did you figure that out?