Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to fill out 2012 FAFSA for daughter's financial aid for college and none of my up to date browsers are compatible: Chrome, Safari, Firefox. They seem to only want older versions of all browsers so I have no idea what to do. Can anyone help?mpatible

I'm trying to fill out my daughter's 2012 FAFSA for college financial aid and I am repeatedly told my browser is compatible. They are all completely up to date (Chrome, Safari, Firefox) yet fafsa.ed.gov seems to only want older versions. I've filled out FAFSA forms for four years and this is the first time I've had a problem. I didn't have Lion last year and assumer all browsers have been updated. Can anyone help? Thanks.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 4:10 PM

16 replies

Jan 2, 2012 4:19 PM in response to nancyfromcamden

I had the same thing happen to me so I called the FASFA people..........get this........they do not have the forms ready for the most recent browsers!!!!! So much for us keeping up to date with things to try and be secure, as for the feds, they are behind and do not seem to willing to catch up. Made me really question if I wanted to submit a form with SS numbers and the such.

Jan 2, 2012 4:25 PM in response to alanfromhoover

I have Safari 5.1.2, Chrome 16.0.912.63 Beta, Firefox 9. I can get to the forms but cannot get to the location to create my daughter's account, password, PIN, etc. I also receive a notice on all three sites that says that I'm not really going to fafsa.ed.gov but instead to a248.e.akamai.net.

Sent an email to the FAFSA help line and haven't heard back. Worries me, too, about SS#s, etc.

Trying to fill out 2012 FAFSA for daughter's financial aid for college and none of my up to date browsers are compatible: Chrome, Safari, Firefox. They seem to only want older versions of all browsers so I have no idea what to do. Can anyone help?mpatible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.