Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem importing my iPhoto library

Without going into too much detail I deleted my iphoto library and am trying to import a copy from my time machine. Have tried several times, various back up dates. I click on iphoto. It seems to be reinstalling well, even goes through a rebuilding process. But when it is all done I have all of my events with the same cover pic, and when I scroll over that pic, there are my pics behind it. But when I open the event in some the pics are there (along with several duplicates of that cover shot). In some of the events the pics aren't there, but when I double click on one of the duplicated pic, the pic that should be there appears. I know, sounds very confusing. I am thinking there is a proper way to import the iphoto back up, or a way of fixing the library once it is imported. As you may imagine, I am panicing, as it is over 10 years of photos. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MacBook Air 2, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 5:44 PM

2 replies

Jan 3, 2012 7:13 AM in response to LarryHN

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I have done what you have suggested. It gives me a notice that library needs to be rebuilt. I say ok, and end up with the same. I have tried from 2 different back up dates and get exactly the same. I have deleted anything with a refrence to iphoto library from computer before initiating back up, so all that remains is the iphoto app. Any other suggestions.

Problem importing my iPhoto library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.