Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

copy and paste functions not working on magic mouse

I just installed a magic mouse and the right click does not bring up the copy and paste options I had before.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 6:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 9:17 PM

In what application? Right click generally brings up a "contextual menu" and as that term implies what items are listed in the menu depends on the context, i.e., what you are pointing at at the time. And it doesn't matter what kind of kind of pointing device is used to bring up the contextual menu so long as that device is configured to have a contextual menu option.

For the magic mouse, apple also refers to enabling a contextual menu by using a "secondary click". So I should ask did you set the mouse system preferences to enable the "secondary click" as a "right" click?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2012 9:17 PM in response to nedfromport ludlow

In what application? Right click generally brings up a "contextual menu" and as that term implies what items are listed in the menu depends on the context, i.e., what you are pointing at at the time. And it doesn't matter what kind of kind of pointing device is used to bring up the contextual menu so long as that device is configured to have a contextual menu option.

For the magic mouse, apple also refers to enabling a contextual menu by using a "secondary click". So I should ask did you set the mouse system preferences to enable the "secondary click" as a "right" click?

copy and paste functions not working on magic mouse

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.