Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playing .m4v on Xbox (bear with me)

Not too much of an Apple or Quicktime quesiton, but this seems the most logical place to ask (in the community).

Do Xbox's play .m4v files?

Thanks

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 6:57 PM

3 replies

May 8, 2012 11:15 AM in response to Limnos

No. Xbox will not play .m4v files. Either xbox should support the file or - more appropriatly - iTunes should let you convert your movie to .wmv or a supported format. You can do that if you buy your movies or tv shows from any other vendor except for iTunes. I personally - while an avid Apple fan - hate the way iTunes tries to "protect" it's content by limited what the user is allowed to do with it. In the end they're only making the user experience more difficult, and less practical. Unless iTunes stops this rediculousness I think I'll start buying my movies/TV shows form Amazon.

Your hear what I said, Apple? Buying! I'm not trying to steal content, I'm just trying to watch it where I want in my own home! So rediculously frusterating.

Playing .m4v on Xbox (bear with me)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.