Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disk is ejected but will not come out of the computer

Whenever I try ejecting the disk (It's a game - Call of Duty 2) it ejects properly except that the disk did not come out. The superdrive does it's chime thing but instead of the disk comping out it makes a clicking sound.

Please do not tell me to restart the computer while holding down the trackpad or to use the Terminal. I've tried all those methods. I tried dragging the disk from the desktop into the trash, pressing the eject key on the keyboard, holding down buttons while restarting, the eject button on the menu bar, the Terminal 'drutil eject' command, gently shaking the macbook pro, tilting the machine, wedging a credit card into the slot, ect, ect. The disk works perfectly fine when I'm running it and it does eject. It just won't come out of the machine.

I think it's a hardware problem but I'm not in a place where I can just walk down to an Apple Store so I was wondering if anybody knew how I could get the disk to come out manually.

P.S. This never happened before with the current disk or any other disk. In fact I took the disk out just yesterday.

P.P.S Again the problem is not that the disk isn't ejecting from the software, but that it physically won't come out of the machine.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 11:32 PM

1 reply

Disk is ejected but will not come out of the computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.