Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match Ineligible Tracks

Following success on 1600+ tracks, I still have a core set marked as 'ineligible'. These tracks are all originally purchased from iTunes Store, they play without issue but will not upload to the iCloud - how can this be resolved? Any advice very much appreciated.

iTunes 10-OTHER, Windows Vista, iMatch service giving error

Posted on Jan 3, 2012 4:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2012 5:46 AM

The chances are that your songs are either low-bitrate MP3s, in a format Apple won't allow in iTunes match, or a very high bitrate AIFF. The solution for these is all the same.

Select the ineligible tracks

Under Advanced, select "create AAC Version"

under "Store" select "Update iTunes match"

The AAC copies should either upload or match. You can then do whatever you want with the original files. Personally until I knew for certain that matched copies were really matched with the right track (enough mis-matches occur that it's wise to check ) I wouldn't recommend deleting them from your hard drive.

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2012 5:46 AM in response to mracole

The chances are that your songs are either low-bitrate MP3s, in a format Apple won't allow in iTunes match, or a very high bitrate AIFF. The solution for these is all the same.

The AAC copies should either upload or match. You can then do whatever you want with the original files. Personally until I knew for certain that matched copies were really matched with the right track (enough mis-matches occur that it's wise to check ) I wouldn't recommend deleting them from your hard drive.

Jan 4, 2012 5:33 AM in response to mracole

The alert is telling you that they are DRM protected tracks, meaning you purchased them from iTunes back when all they offered were DRM protects. The chances are the computer you are using is no longer authorized to play them. You may have used a different Apple ID back then.

"Songs containing DRM ( Digital Rights Management ) may not appear, or may appear grayed out in iCloud. This can occur if your computer is not authorized for playback of that content. Try authorizing your computer>

Jan 4, 2012 11:22 AM in response to mracole

At last! An answer - whilst this may not be the most elegant solution it does work, as follows:

1. Identify the tracks showing as 'ineligible' by sorting on iCloud status;

2. Make a play list of the tracks in question;

3. Burn the play list to CD;

4. Import the CD (if needed using the iTunes Store to confirm metadata); and

5. Update iTunes Match from the menu.

It has worked for all tracks in question. Please do advise if there is a neater solution?

Jan 4, 2012 11:37 AM in response to mracole

This was exactly the solution for "fixing" WMA DRM'd tracks for other services like Yahoo! Music, Walmart Digital Services and all the others that have gone the way of the dodo.

If memory serves, I used to burn audio CD's to ISO images, just to avoid wasting CDR's. I think I used Deamon Tools in Windows to do this, but don't quote me on that - it was many years ago.

Jun 25, 2012 12:48 PM in response to mracole

This worked for me on newly purchased songs that were listed as "waiting" and was able to keep the "purchased" listing in iTunes.

1. Transfer all itunes purchased songs listed as "waiting" to AAC format.

2. AAC transfered songs will be listed as "waiting" as well.

3. Select all AAC songs and "add to iCloud".

4. Original songs will now be listed as "purchased" and AAC songs will still be "waiting".

5. Delete all AAC songs.

Hope this helps.

Feb 6, 2013 12:17 PM in response to JiminMissouri

Answer below was right on target...thanks for keeping me from continuing to scratch the ol noggin!

"The chances are that your songs are either low-bitrate MP3s, in a format Apple won't allow in iTunes match, or a very high bitrate AIFF. The solution for these is all the same.

The AAC copies should either upload or match. You can then do whatever you want with the original files. Personally until I knew for certain that matched copies were really matched with the right track (enough mis-matches occur that it's wise to check ) I wouldn't recommend deleting them from your hard drive."

Oct 27, 2016 12:42 AM in response to mracole

Another reason why a song might be ineligible is that it is a duplicate.

All of my songs that are ineligible are songs that I copied for personal compilations.

iTunes Match uploads the first version it finds, either the original version or the version in my compilation.

The next version is listed as ineligible, duplicate.

I will have to check whether some of the albums are incomplete in the cloud because of this.

iTunes Match Ineligible Tracks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.