Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Location of index.html page on Lion Wiki

Hi All,

I'd like to customize the default landing page in Lion Wiki so that I can change the title info that says OS X Lion Server. I think I know where the favicon is, however, the index page is proving to be elusive. /Library/Server/Web/Data/Sites/Default doesn't seem to contain the page although default.html.en is the closest thing that I've found to an actual index page.

Anyone else know where this might reside?

Thanks in advance!

- Ryan

Posted on Jan 3, 2012 5:11 AM

6 replies

Jan 4, 2012 8:20 AM in response to Earil

Thanks for replying. I did look at that earlier, however, I'm not seeing an index page that contains that header:

DocumentRoot "/Library/Server/Web/Data/Sites/CustomSitesDefault"

DirectoryIndex index.html index.php /wiki/ default.html

Seems like the header is actually in

/usr/share/collabd/coreclient/locales/en.lproj/default.strings which I think is compiled and can't be changed?

May 30, 2012 6:17 PM in response to prometheon123

To change the strings in this default.strings file, which is in the binary1 format, first convert it to the xml1 format using the plutil command, like this...

sudo plutil -convert xml1 /usr/share/collabd/coreclient/locales/en.lproj/default.strings

Then use your favorite text editor or plist editor to change the strings you wish to change (e.g., the page title string). Save and then convert back to binary1 format...

sudo plutil -convert binary1 /usr/share/collabd/coreclient/locales/en.lproj/default.strings

Then restart the wiki service...

sudo serveradmin stop teams

sudo serveradmin start teams

May 30, 2012 7:13 PM in response to Doctor Phil

Sorry, the wiki service is called wiki, not teams in Lion. So the last lines of my previous message should read...

sudo serveradmin stop wiki

sudo serveradmin start wiki

Also, you may want to make a backup of both the original and changed files. Keep a backup of the original so you can revert to the original in the event your changes cause a problem with the wiki service. Keep a backup of the changed file in the event a future software update overwrites your changes.

Mar 28, 2013 7:23 AM in response to prometheon123

By the way, in Mountain Lion server the setting reverted back to "OS X Server". To change it back to my custom header, the locale has changed to /Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/share/collabd/coreclient/local es/en.lproj

I actually talked to one of the Wiki developers at WWDC last year and he seemed like they were agreeable to making this easier to change. Apparently this feature didn't make it in. He also claimed that the default.strings file isn't binary and didn't need to changed to text so that vi could edit it. Wrong. Upgrading the wiki wasn't that easy either and it wasn't until 10.8.3 shipped that I was able to successfully upgrade from Lion Server. Thank God for Carbon Copy Cloner.

Location of index.html page on Lion Wiki

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.