Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Permissions keep changing

I administer an xsan volume that the ACEs keep changing for all AD groups. 2 groups have read-write, one group has full-control. The "Delete" attribute keeps coming unchecked after a period of time, resulting in users being unable to over-write files.

Any thoughts on what might be going on here? Users are getting frustrated and so am I. I have come to really dislike XSAN

XSAN 2.2-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 3, 2012 8:48 AM

3 replies

Jan 5, 2012 9:10 AM in response to Joe Swenson

I have no idea what action causes the permissions to change. That's what I'm trying to find out. 🙂

You might try looking at the file modification time and work backwards from there. Talk to whoever was working on the file last and see what they were doing. Fix the permissions then see if they can reproduce the problem by doing the same steps.

Good luck. 🙂

This is on an HFS volume

Eh? Initially, you said this was on an Xsan volume. I was asking if you've only noticed the problem on Xsan, or if you could also reproduce it on HFS+? If you can, then the problem is not Xsan specific.

Permissions keep changing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.