Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mail - The cat is back

Today I crefully crafted an application for a new job for 2012 and happy with waht I had crafted after several hours work on my resume I sent it off. Then I went to print it out only to see a picture of what i thought was my cat. I went into a blind panic at the thought of a lost opertunity beacuse of a silly, unporfessional picture appearing. But where did it come from?? I never saw it before.

I sent myself a mail and was spomewhat relieved to see that it did not apppar on the incomming message. So why does it appear on the outgoing message.

I Googled and searched this site and found some discussions from 2005 and 2010 that suggested it was something to do with Addreess Book and a personal self entry, and it was not my cat at all. I deleted that entry but to no avail the **** cat still appears.

Any ideas ?

DJV

mail-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 3, 2012 11:44 AM

1 reply

Jan 3, 2012 11:54 AM in response to derek80

Hi Derek,

First, good luck on the job hunting, second I think there's no need to worry about the Cat on the other end... unless they use a Mac.

What Picture shows in System Preferences>Accounts?

You can replace the Pic in AB with a blank tiny white one, but I'm not sure you can just not have one there.

Mac Mail - The cat is back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.