Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scanning into iphoto 9

Last year, I scanned multiple photos per scan and each photo ended up in a folder as a single photo- even when I click on "crop". Now, when I scan/crop multiple photos, the whole scanned page is still attached to the photo when I click on "crop". I don't remembe how did I got the scans to become single photos last time. Any ideas?

iPhoto '08, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jan 3, 2012 12:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2012 12:53 PM

Unless you have software like PhotoShop Elements which will do it automagically, you will have to make multiple copies of the full page image and crop each one.

3 replies

Jan 3, 2012 1:54 PM in response to Keith Barkley

O.k. I know that isn't how I did it before because I have a folder called Contact Sheets and it appears I scanned multiple photos and imported it.

I did however recently get Photoshop Elements- though I haven't used it yet. I opened the editor in PSE and clicked on "import" and according to my google search should see my printer. I don't. I see "Anit-aliased PICT...", "Pict Resourced...", and " Frame from video...". The first two let me open my finder in the macbook but the "Epson Scan" is greyed under "Applications" and won't let me open it. I do see the "divide scanned photos" under "image" in PSE but can't figure out the basics of how to find the scanner! Ugh.

I know I did something easier than this in the past but I'll be darned if I know what that was. I am using a new scanner so perhaps the old scanner software seperated them.

Jan 3, 2012 2:01 PM in response to collector602

I meant that Elements could take the image from iPhoto and split it up into the individual images. You would export the 4-up to elements (or whatever it is) and divide up the image. then you would save 3 of the images to a separate folder (like the desktop) and press save on the last one. The last one will automatically import into iPhoto and you can file->add to library the other three.

You will need to check with adobe or Epson about scanning directly into elements.

Scanning into iphoto 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.