Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing through the Time-Capsule

I have a time-capsule that is hooked up to multiple computers. Just now, when I tried to print off of one of them, it said that the computer was connected to the time-capsule (it was), and I had selected the correct printer, which was on. The printer is manualy connected to the time capsule. For some reason, even though everything is connected, it won't print. (and, no. the printer does have paper in it.)

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 3, 2012 12:41 PM

7 replies

Jan 3, 2012 2:44 PM in response to hannifromeureka

You are not exactly giving us a whole lot of time to answer.. this is not paid support you know.

And a certain lack of details..

Like what printer it is.. and is it plugged in by ethernet, usb or wifi?? Although perhaps manually connected means not by wifi.. but it is hardly specific.

And is it recognised by the TC if plugged in by usb?

And have you loaded the drivers on each computer?

What computers are they?

Did you attempt to reload drivers if the existing one failed?

Jan 3, 2012 6:20 PM in response to LaPastenague

You are right.The support here is very good. I am very happy with it. Sorry if I came across in a rather annoying tone.

The only product that is Apple is the time-capsule. The computer and printer (of course) are both different brands. The computer is connected to the time-capsule and has been for over a year. It has always been working until now. I have tried using an apple computer to print, but that didn't work either. I did reload the drivers.The connection from the time-capsule to the printer is USB. The Time-Capsule does recognize it.

Jan 3, 2012 7:59 PM in response to hannifromeureka

If the computers are running windows have you loaded bonjour?

Sorry, I have tried to read carefully

The computer is connected to the time-capsule and has been for over a year. It has always been working until now.

So the printer has always been connected and working as well?

Did you test the printer by plugging it directly into a computer?

Printing through the Time-Capsule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.