Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Capsule as NAS/HD. Will it work?

Can I use my Time Capsule as a wireless hard drive? I will do my Time-machine travelling on another, portable, drive.

I'm planning to reach all my music&movies from TC. Will it be possible to play music from TC to airport express using only my iPad and having my computer turned off?

Time Capsule-OTHER

Posted on Jan 3, 2012 2:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2012 7:06 PM

Magners wrote:

Can I use my Time Capsule as a wireless hard drive?

Yes, although a Time Capsule isn't an exceptionally fast file server.

Will it be possible to play music from TC to airport express using only my iPad and having my computer turned off?

No.

3 replies

Aug 11, 2012 10:26 AM in response to Magners

Hi Magners,

i have Mac mini that act as my server with iTunes running and home sharing enabled, Time Capsule containing all my music and files.

Airport Express connected to my home theater, and i use my iPhone to play my music from the shared library on mac mini.

an additional benefit that i found with time capsule, is that i can even access the files stored on it remotely via internent while enabling back to my mac under Airport Utility where my time capsule is running firmware 7.6.1.

i under stand that this is not what you were hoping to achieve with the set up, and may be my post is little too late! but may be this will help other users.

Thanks

Time Capsule as NAS/HD. Will it work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.