Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flag color sync in Apple Mail with Gmail and Yahoo?

It appears that colored flags sync through iCloud for your @me.com email address. Is there a way to get the colored flags to sync across computers for a Yahoo or Google account? For example, if I flag an email in my Gmail account with a Green Flag on my Apple desktop computer in Apple Mail, is there a way to get the flag to show up as Green on my laptop in Apple Mail? Currently, the fact that the email is flagged syncs across computers and accounts, but not the particular color of the flag. Also, highlighting an email a certain color does not appear to sync, even for my @me.com account. And lastly, now that Apple has switched from Mobile Me to iCloud, they have given up Mail Rule syncing... is there a way to get my Apple Mail Rules to sync between computers? Thanks!

Posted on Jan 3, 2012 5:39 PM

1 reply

Jan 3, 2012 7:11 PM in response to ilearn.jr

Upon further investigation, I have determined that flag colors applied in Apple's Mail program DO sync through your iCloud @me.com email address AND through a Google gmail account. However, flag colors DO NOT sync through Yahoo. Email highlight colors DO NOT appear to sync through iCloud, Gmail, or Yahoo. If anyone figures out a way to enable any of these features that at the moment do not sync (flag color in Yahoo, highlight color, mail rules), please respond!

Flag color sync in Apple Mail with Gmail and Yahoo?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.