Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't see printer connected to AEBS

The internet modem is connected to the LAN port, the iMac is connected to one of the ethernet ports and the printer is connected to the AE USB port. The printer shows as offline to the iMac. If I plug the printer into an iMac USB it shows Printer Ready. How do I get the iMac to find the printer on the AE?

Posted on Jan 3, 2012 8:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2012 9:27 PM

How do I get the iMac to find the printer on the AE?

You did not mention whether you had "installed" the printer again (using Print & Fax in System Preferences) when you connected the printer to the USB port on the AEBS.

Did you "install" the printer at the AEBS?

If you did, you will see your printer twice in Print and Fax because the printer has been installed at two locations....one at your iMac and the other at the AEBS.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2012 9:27 PM in response to Paco

How do I get the iMac to find the printer on the AE?

You did not mention whether you had "installed" the printer again (using Print & Fax in System Preferences) when you connected the printer to the USB port on the AEBS.

Did you "install" the printer at the AEBS?

If you did, you will see your printer twice in Print and Fax because the printer has been installed at two locations....one at your iMac and the other at the AEBS.

Can't see printer connected to AEBS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.