Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicate removal

i need a good means to remove duplicates in my iPhoto Albums. When I transfered my albums from my G5 to my iMac it apparently got a little too enthusiastic and I ended up with more than I need/expected.

What application can detect AND remove duplicates in any given album in iPhoto? The App Store seems to have many suggestions...

G5 dual 2.7, Mac OS X (10.5.2), 23" Apple

Posted on Jan 3, 2012 9:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2012 10:02 PM

Duplicate Annihilator

But I'm guessing that you may have imported an iPhoto library into your current iPhoto library

If yoou did thenthe best solutioj is to quit iPhoto and drag the iPhoto library to the desktop and Connect the two Macs together (network, firewire target mode, etc) and drag the iPhoto library intact as a single entity from the old Mac to the pictures folder of the new Mac - launch iPhoto on the new mac and it will open the library and convert it as needed and you will be ready move forward.

If everything is good and a couple of backup cycles have completed you can delete the library on the desktop

LN

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2012 10:02 PM in response to Pete Kroner

Duplicate Annihilator

But I'm guessing that you may have imported an iPhoto library into your current iPhoto library

If yoou did thenthe best solutioj is to quit iPhoto and drag the iPhoto library to the desktop and Connect the two Macs together (network, firewire target mode, etc) and drag the iPhoto library intact as a single entity from the old Mac to the pictures folder of the new Mac - launch iPhoto on the new mac and it will open the library and convert it as needed and you will be ready move forward.

If everything is good and a couple of backup cycles have completed you can delete the library on the desktop

LN

Jan 4, 2012 11:37 AM in response to Pete Kroner

I liked your second answer best!

Yes, in my iPhoto albums i have a single album of 23K pics. In my "Photos" at the top i have 46K pics.

So, somehow i did transfer a second, it says "original" Library, when I made the transfer. I am concerned, however, that there were some pics in the "original" Library that were not in the final/new Library... Possible?

Otherwise, I'll just dump the "original" library into the trash and stay with the new one.....

And, in the future, carefully read my own discussion items to avoid "duplicates." Promise!

Sep 27, 2012 12:55 PM in response to Pete Kroner

PHOTODEDUPO does't do the job ,The maker should work on it a lot ,Mr, Santos the owner ,I wrote him so many time he did a few improvments but it still leaves you with tons of Duplicates.

To be honest i did not find anything tilll now that works .

I bought so many and they all say and do not deliver what they say.

I am still going every day to PHOTODEDOPO and it takes out a few but when i go in the iphoto library see many duplicates hope that he reads the forums and work on it ,I bought it at $9.99 and now it is $4.99 but it should be for free since it doesn't do the job ,But Apple cares less since they are making money and thats what counts for them is the money not you anymore.

Duplicate removal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.