Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Terratec Phase 26 USB - No MIDI (Audio OK)

Hi all,

I am experiencing some trouble setting up an external Terratec Phase 26 USB audio interface. Audio drivers (terratec Phase 26 USB ASIO / Core Audio) are detected and configured automaticly and work fine in all supported modes.

The problem is that MIDI is not recogniced and there are no up to date drivers for the product as it has been discontinued. In windows machines they are recognised as Phase 26 USB (MIDI).

Anyone having same problem and possible solutions, beta version drivers or some ideas that can help me make MIDI work for this device on Mac OSX Lion?

Thanks in advance!

Cósimo

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 4, 2012 2:17 AM

7 replies

May 17, 2012 9:02 AM in response to n1kanor

Hello n1kanor, no its not. Audio drivers work perfectly but not MIDI interface at all, and no MIDI drivers found at manufacturer's site Im afraid. So if you decide to purchase this unit check if MIDI in/out works for you... If so something is wrong with my unit (it works perfectly under WinXP/VISTA/Win7 though).

Let me know your comments 🙂

Dec 24, 2013 2:50 AM in response to cósimo

The Terratec phase 26 has seperate firmware for Mac. You need to flash the Terratec with the right firmware. You can find it on the original CD or you can download it from: https://db.tt/9sbwHwUp

I have flashed the Terratec from windows XP. It should also work from windows 7.

Read the manual to find out how to flash the Terratec. You need to get it in firmware upgrade mode.

Terratec Phase 26 USB - No MIDI (Audio OK)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.