Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Youtube app on IPad

Is there any reason why I can't login to youtube from app on the IPad?

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jan 4, 2012 8:42 AM

26 replies

Jan 5, 2012 4:20 PM in response to ToyaD

If you have linked Youtube to your Google account, you should use a different password. Do the following:

1) Go to the page of your authorized apps here: https://www.google.com/accounts/IssuedAuthSubTokens (you can also access it from the My Account link in the top right corner of YouTube page online).

2) Scroll down to the section "Application-specific passwords".

3) Create new password for Youtube on your iPad: enter some name in the field so that you will recognize it in the future, and click "Generate Password".

4) Note the new password in big letters appears on the screen, 4 groups with 4 letters each.

4) Now on your iPad open the Youtube app.

5) Enter your google account handle (i.e. "sasaelser@gmail.com") and use the new password (not your Google or Youtube password), this only appears to work in 'my videos' section.

Youtube app will log in to your account — you can make sure of it as you will be able to see your subscriptions and favourites.

Hope that helps.

Jan 5, 2012 5:52 PM in response to ToyaD

When I first tried the website the box was faded out, I think. I clicked on my account in YouTube, clicked on using 2-step verification, signed in, and went through the steps. I can't quite remember, but I think eventually, doing this, I was able to get the password mentioned above and followed the steps listed above. Hope this helps.

Apr 11, 2012 3:47 PM in response to ToyaD

@ToyaD

DON'T GIVE UP because Mragooner speaks the truth ....

All those other suggestions above?

Convoluted HOGWASH!!

Not the prople suggesting it of course -- I mean tnat whole process itself.

I did all of that same junk before, too & y'kmow what happened?

Not only did it NOT work, but I became even more angry & frustrated than before because of all of that work that that entails.

"Change your password" ....

YECCCHHH !!!

I have the same problem as you.

Don't believe me ?

Here -- read it for yourself > https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3799632?answerId=18103903022#18103903022&ac_cid=142432#18103903 ....

See?

Mragooner's answer works perfectly!

In case you don't wanna read all of that stuff -- and really who could blame you? lol -- just go to your YouTube account & create a channel.

That's it.

Just do that, and then sign into your YouTube app with your usual YouTube username & passcode.

NO CHANGING ANYTHING NECESSARY! lol

It works perfectly -- I don't know why it does, but it does ....

Geez, ya'd think GOOGLE'd get on this & fix it, but they haven't.

They haven't even mentioned it.

And that tells you all you need to know about Android right there ....

Have fun & enjoy!

Apr 12, 2012 6:06 AM in response to Mragooner

OMG!!!!!!! I finally got it. I had logged into my google account, went into settings. Next I clicked the "Authorizing applications & sites" tab and got a passcode for my iphone to access my google account. I entered the passcode they gave me not my gmail passcode into my youtube app and it worked!!!!!

Youtube app on IPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.