Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hibernation problem

Hello to all,

I searched the web and the community forum here from Apple but i didn´t find a solution. First some important data of my machine. It is a MacBook Pro 13 mid 2010, 2,4Ghz, 4GBRam, OS Lion 10.7.2, Apple Care Protection Plan until 27.12.2013.

Second a little prologue. I had problems with the battery charge. It didn´t charge and the green / orange light of my MacSafe didn´t go on. So I called the Apple Support and we did an SMC Reset i think (shut down the MBP and then press and hold alt+ctrl+ shift+powerbutton for 3 seconds until the MAcSafe light changes the colour once). This resolved the charging problem and now my MBP is charging again and everything is ok.

BUUUUTTT, now there is a new problem. Until then my MBP won´t go into hybernation mode when it is plugged to the poweradapter. It won´t hibernate if I start it manually through the Apple menue, either if I close the MBP. It ONLY works well when in Battery mode without charging. I already did a PRAM reset and I don´t have any sharing active and I tried to change the hibernation mode from 3 to 0 but it didn´t work, too.

Now I don´t know what to do. I don´t hope my logicboard is broken.

Maybe someone has an idea what I could try to fix it. If not I will have to call the Apple Support again.

Thanks you all.

Mike

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 4, 2012 1:17 PM

4 replies

Jan 4, 2012 1:55 PM in response to OrangeMarlin

Thank you OrangeMarlin, ok now I will say sleep mode not hibernation.

that´s not the problem. I have it on 15 minutes. I tried to change it to 5 minutes but it doesn´t work either. Even after I did a restart. I also tried to start the MBP in save mode but even in save mode it didn´t go to sleep when the power adapter (macsafe) was connected. Only without power adapter connected it works.

Some more ideas?

Jan 8, 2012 11:42 AM in response to CMCSK

Hi all,

only for the record. I talked to the Apple Care Support and after trying a lot of things they told me nothing changed. Finally they told me to clean install Lion again on my MBP. And if nothing changes it will be a Hardware problem. But to my relief after the clean install and bringing back my Time Machine Backup, everything is working just fine again. The sleep mode is activated as usual.

Thank you all for your help.

Bye Mike

CLOSE

Hibernation problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.