Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Snow leopard

There is so much misinformation about iCloud and Mac OS other than Lion, I can't seem to sort it out.

If I have an iPhone 4s with IOS5, can I sync. my computers with Leopard, Snow Leopard with it in iCloud?

Posted on Jan 4, 2012 3:47 PM

22 replies

Jan 5, 2012 4:21 AM in response to Dorothy Barnett

Dorothy Barnett wrote:

Adobe GoLive. Dreamweaver isn't for me -- I've tried it. I'm exploring a couple others: Flux and KompoZer. Flux is convoluted. So far, KompoZer isn't too bad. But it's not GoLive.

I think there are a couple others I'd lose, but GoLive is the main concern.

Another GoLive user here.

At some point I'll have to start using DreamWeaver but I really prefer using GoLive.

But even if I did start using DreamWeaver for all of my stuff I would still need to be able to use GoLive for all of my clients that still use it. Same goes for other discontinued software like PageMaker and software too.

I guess I could tell my clients that have to start using the latest and greatest in software or they can take their business elsewhere but oddly I prefer that they don't since I really do need the income and that is why I need to continue using depreciated software.

At some point I'm going to need to buy new computers and since Apple's hardware no longer will run older software it looks like I'm going to need to switch back to Windows and I'm far from alone in this.

Jan 5, 2012 4:25 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Winston Churchill wrote:

iCloud mail uses a different protocol to mobile me mail, if you upgrade your mobile me account to iCloud the mobile me settings will no longer work.

Actually you are supposed to be able to manually enter the iCloud settings into mail on snow leopard and have it work but I've been unable to get it to work myself.

Mail does work with Snow Leopard, it's a standard iMap transport, no mysteries there. As far as the other services go iCal works but contacts are extremely difficult and require 3rd party software, DavMail, and good luck configuring that.

Snow leopard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.