Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iDVD slideshows - photos squished

I created a slideshow in iPhoto. (settings: classic theme, dissolve transition, 16:9 aspect ratio). Everything looks good, except several pictures are off-center.

I sent it to iDVD using Share -> iDVD. In iDVD, several of the pictures are "squished". Veritically or horizontally, and for no apparent reason. DVD project is also 16:9.

- Ben

iPhoto '11, iDVD 7.1.2,

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 4, 2012 4:12 PM

5 replies

Jan 6, 2012 6:31 AM in response to Benjammin54

I'm new to this, but I've found that you need to be specific about what you've done.

I've absolutely no idea what you're trying to do, but the following works for to create a 16:9 HD video.

iPhoto.

9.Select all.

10.File. Export. Slideshow.

11.Uncheck ‘Automatically send slideshow to iTunes’.

12.Custom Export:

a.Export: Movie to QuickTime Movie.

b.Options. Brings up Movie Settings.

c.Video.

i.Settings:

1.Compression Type: H.264.

2.Frame Rate: 30 (same as HD camera).

ii.Size:

1.Dimensions: 1920 x 1080 HD. Note: I found HD 1920x1080 16:9 produced a different look.

d.Sound:

i.Compressor: None (Uncompressed).

ii.Rate: 44.1 kHz.

iii.Check Size: 16 bit and Use: Stereo are both checked.

e.Save As: ??

13.All will be saved as a single .MOV.

Please note that there are many selections and each seems to produce a different result. You'll need to try each one, as I did.

Aug 17, 2012 9:17 AM in response to BrainDonor

First of all, take note of my first line because what you've said is of no help whatsoever. What is your problem, eg squishy and off-centre means what? Do they look like an hour-glass, verticle rectangle, triangle or what?

I'm trying to help, but it's late here and what I wrote was months ago when I was trying to create a HD disc of 403 photos & videos in 4:3 & 16:9 format using iPhoto/iMovie and Toast. I was trying to 'give back to this forum something for what I had taken'.

Burning a standard DVD of all of these using iPhoto 11 v9.2.3 & iDVD 7.1.2 was no problem at all. ALL were in their correct aspect ration and none were adnormal. Note, no effects were used.

I suggest you try some experiments and note down what you've done and the result. For example, if your problem is 16:9 in iPhoto looking like widescreen in 4:3 in iDVD, set iDVD to a 16:9 project.

If nothing I've said helps, start a new question and include as much relevant detail as required - ie I used *** aspect ratio at *** pixels wide & *** high and it looks like ******.

iDVD slideshows - photos squished

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.