Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I remove an old Palm sync device?

I used to have a Palm Treo smartphone. Worked great, but I eventually moved on to an iPhone 3.

That was a few OS X versions ago!

Now, I have Lion and an iPhone 4. And I just noticed this error in my console log:

12-01-04 3:19:46.791 PM SyncServer: [0x7fe69a416df0] |DataManager|Warning| Client com.apple.Palm:3297500208 image file path /Applications/iSync.app/Contents/Resources/tungsten.tiff does not exist.

12-01-04 3:19:46.792 PM SyncServer: [0x7fe69a416df0] |DataManager|Warning| Client com.apple.Palm:3297500208 sync alert tool path /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SyncLegacy.framework/Resources/Translator does not exist.

12-01-04 3:19:46.793 PM SyncServer: [0x7fe69a416df0] |DataManager|Warning| Client com.apple.Palm:3297500208 formatter bundle path /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SyncLegacy.framework/Resources/Translator does not exist.

It seems at least part of my old Palm sync conduit is still around! And not very happy.

I don't use Mobile me. And the iSync app is gone in Lion.

So, how do I manuallly delete this old device?

Thanks in Advance

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2), (plus other hardware and systems)

Posted on Jan 4, 2012 4:13 PM

4 replies

Jan 5, 2012 7:19 AM in response to shldr2thewheel

THANKS! for the reply.

I'm Not sure I see the relevance of your link. I used the predecessor to isync when I first used my Palm to sync data with my MAC.

I don't thinik I installed any of Palm's software, so there are no old packages to remove.

I assume the log errors are old sub-system functions or drivers still looking for the hardware and software interfaces.

I thought the solution would be to find whatever lists sync devices and remove the Palm entry.

Or just delete the com.apple.palm objects.

I won't do either unless I can find some confirmation which path is safest.

If I missed something in your link, please let me know.

how do I remove an old Palm sync device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.