Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal event reminders continue to pop up after being deleted

When an iCal reminder pops up, it can be reset for a period of time or deleted. However, when I delete they continue to pop-up as reminders. I continue to delete but they continue to return????

Has anyone had this issue? If so how did you resolve?

Could this have anything to do with iCloud?

Help!!!

Using Lion with iCal 5.0.1

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.1)

Posted on Jan 4, 2012 4:23 PM

8 replies

Jan 5, 2012 3:51 PM in response to RKGinSJC

I had to take my machine back to the apple store for a different problem. While at the "genius bar" I told the tech about my ical problem. He went to USER > Library > Preferences and trashed everything that started with "com.apple.ical". Then cleared the caches. Problem appears solved. Seems like the problem has been around for a long time, tho.

Jan 6, 2012 2:29 PM in response to Frank Clapp

Thanks for the information.

I went to USER>Library>Preferences, erased all "com.apple.ical" items.

Also went to USER>Library>Caches - am a little uncomfortable deleting the items there as it seems to me (a moderate computer guy) it could affect other software? Although I do have many events set up on my calendar, I have a back-up list so they can be re-entered.

So, I guess I am looking for some advice. If you would be willing to share your email address, I would send you a snapshot of what is in the cache file.

You seem to be much more knowledgeable than I, so if you do send your email address, I will ask you another question about my "Library" file. It is grayed out???

User uploaded file

< Email Edited By Host >

iCal event reminders continue to pop up after being deleted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.