Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deleting Numbers templates

I cannot locate this:

Library/Application Support/iWork/Numbers/Templates/My Templates/

I'm trying to delete some Numbers Templates and this path used to work.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 4, 2012 6:20 PM

11 replies

Jan 4, 2012 6:27 PM in response to jaynefromchattanooga

Jayne,

As you can see if you look in the More Like This pane to the right, this is a popular question.

Your User LIbrary has been hidden, but can be exposed by following this procedure:

Hold down the Command Key while you access the Go Menu. Select Library from the Go Menu while Commend key is being pressed.

Once you're in the Library, follow the path as you have posted.

Jerry

Jan 4, 2012 9:25 PM in response to jaynefromchattanooga

Hi Jayne,

In the Finder, press and hold the option key, click the Go menu (you should now see Library in the list—as shown in Peggy's image), choose Library.

You should now be in your Library. Follow the path set out earlier:

Application Support > iWork > Numbers > Templates > My Templates

Select the templates to move to the Trash, then press command-delete (or drag the files to the Trash).

Regards,

Barry

Jul 8, 2012 5:27 AM in response to Barry

I, having the same issue, am pressing and holding the option key while in finder and selecting the go menu on my powerbook with OS X 10.5.8 and I cannot find the library folder. I search for library in "go to folder" and can find it, but when I go into the folder, select the one that says "application support", and select "iwork 09", I only get two folders. One that says "content" and one that says "frameworks," neither of which contain any saved template information or documents. Please help!

Jul 8, 2012 10:20 AM in response to JarredA

In OS's earlier than 10.7, the Library folder is not hidden and you can get to it via Finder. No need to go to the Go menu and hold down Option. The original poster in this thread has 10.7.2 so the instructions were provided for that version of the OS. For you, with 10.5.8, simply navigate to the Library folder via Finder.

Jul 9, 2012 2:24 PM in response to Badunit

minor edit:

"For you, with 10.5.8, simply navigate to the your Library folder via Finder."

OS X keeps several Library folders, one for itself and one for each user account registered on the machine. The full path to your templates is:

Mac HD/Users/yourname/Library/Application Support/iWork/Numbers/Templates/My Templates/

Regards,

Barry

deleting Numbers templates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.