Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can i manage my contacts in my iPhone through iTunes?

I got alot of contacts but i need to delet some of them, and it just to much work to go on by one doing it manually. please help me

Posted on Jan 4, 2012 6:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2012 6:31 PM

You can either set them up to sync with iCloud, or sync through iTunes, but either way, the editing of the contacts will not be physically done in the iTunes application. Chose the process you would like to sync with, or whichever could be applicable, and I can instruct you how to do it. Also please state what operating system your iPhone is on, and what operating system your computer is on, and it will help out more.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2012 6:31 PM in response to camilo..

You can either set them up to sync with iCloud, or sync through iTunes, but either way, the editing of the contacts will not be physically done in the iTunes application. Chose the process you would like to sync with, or whichever could be applicable, and I can instruct you how to do it. Also please state what operating system your iPhone is on, and what operating system your computer is on, and it will help out more.

Jan 4, 2012 6:31 PM in response to camilo..

You don't actually manage them through iTunes, you sync them to the computer and manage them in a supported application. Depending on what computer operating system you use, it is either Address Book on the Mac, Windows Contacts or Outlook in Windows. Once you have synced the contacts to one of those supported apps, you can make changes. If you have not synced the contacts before, you need to make sure that you have at least one unique contact on the computer to ensure it triggers the merge prompt. When you see that, you want to merge the contacts on the iPhone and the computer. That will let you manage the contacts on the computer and then another sync will make the changes present on the iPhone.

Jan 4, 2012 6:36 PM in response to camilo..

Hi, whether you use iTunes or iCloud you will STILL need to Delete the/your contacts individually.. Sorry there is no other way... it's easier to delete/update contacts on a desktop, I have deleted many contacts via my iPhone and it is a labourious operation..Thereafter you can sync via iCloud, iTunes or even your iPhone thro' Ford SYNC..

How can i manage my contacts in my iPhone through iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.