Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

other category in flash storage taking up 21 GB, why so much?

I had this problem with my ipad 2, the other category is taking up 21 GB of space on my Mac Air 2010. Does anyone know why so much, and if this is not correct how I can correct this. It is very frustrating, I bought this as a gift for my wife and 60 GB of space is sufficient for what she needs it for, yet the other category is taking up a third of her space. I looked at all the programs and apps installed and nothing is taking up to much space (at least not 21 GB). Any help?

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 4, 2012 6:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2012 7:05 PM

http://pondini.org/OSX/LionStorage.html

5 replies

Jan 4, 2012 7:23 PM in response to kbower2

Thank you, something very simple. Time Machine!!! Forgot I turned it on to do a back-up to my external hard drive. Simple enough, turned it off and lost 6 GB off the bat, I will wait the week for the rest to fall off and should be back to normal. Thanks for the website, this site helps with several issues and questions ive had but never looked into.

other category in flash storage taking up 21 GB, why so much?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.