Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Corrupted Photos

I tried to move some photos from iphoto - laptop to iphoto desktop. However when I opened it many of my pictures were missing. I opened it from the picture folder in Finder to check. Then I checked the dropbox folder in finder and there was an iphoto library there. All my pictures were in that library but many are corrupt. I'm very new to apple but was wondering if I could send them to a new library and try and rebuild it. If so could someone talk me through it.

I also heard there is a "originals folder" somewhere through finder but all I see is pictures.

Thanks so much for any help anyone could give me.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 4, 2012 8:36 PM

7 replies

Jan 5, 2012 6:02 AM in response to Yer_Man

I installed dropbox on my macbook pro and dropped my photos in that. Then I installed dropbox on my imac. When I looked at them on the imac is when I saw many of them corrupted.

Currently on my imac I have a library in my drop box folder that has all my pictures in it but they are corrupted.

I also have my iphoto library that has current photos that aren't corrupted but I want to incorrporate those that are in my dropbox with my current library.

I know I've created quite a mess.

Corrupted Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.