Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LION upgrade is causing me greif !

I hope someone can help me out of a jam. I have an iMac running Office : Mac 2008. I upgraded to OS X LION a couple days ago and am now unable to SAVE SOME of my Excel spreadsheets. Oddly enough, the majority CAN be saved but some vitally important files are now being seen as READ-ONLY and thus when I revise them they will not SAVE. I have NEVER created a read-only file in my life so have no idea where this is coming from. Any suggestions ?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 4, 2012 9:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2012 9:26 PM

We had similar difficulties.

Switched back to Snow Leopard. Everything is working perfectly now.

3 replies

Jan 4, 2012 11:27 PM in response to TinMugger

JAN 4, 2012

I have a similar issue, . . on my 2007 I-Mac. .

I too . .. up Graded to LION, .. from SNOW LEAPARD and with my QUICKEN 2004

for the MAC . . I am Not even able to Open any of my Quicken Programing. . and worse

yet.. Quicken no longer supports MAC products. . and or also Power PC Program to use

PC based program to show Quicken on the a PC based format . .

It's been days now. . from Quicken .. still no response ?

The other thought is reverse to the Snow Leopard system . . But many say it's not successful

Others say it works . . and some say only parts work, . BUT what does revert back in Mixed up ???

( ** I have over 70,000 photos from I-Photo and the the NEW Lion program will not

transfer the Video clips from the I-Photo to E-mail fromat ? )

Frustration galore .. )

LION upgrade is causing me greif !

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.