Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cant delete Apps from screen

I cant delete THE Apps from screen,however when I go to iTunes then I can delete them,when I push two times on the home button then appears the Apps on the bottom of the screen whit a red spot where I can delete the Apps. but they don't go of the screen .

What can I do to make it work that ,when I push on a App till they float and the X appears.

Posted on Jan 5, 2012 5:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2012 5:24 AM

First of all, You cannot delete the preinstalled apps. You delete apps from the home screens - not from the task bar at the bottom of the iPad.

To delete an app from the iPad, you tap and hold down on the icon until it "shakes" on the screen. An X will pop up in the upper left corner of the icon. Tap the X to delete the app.

When you double tap the home button and remove an app from the task bar - you are merely closing or quitting the app - not deleting it.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2012 5:24 AM in response to Reind

First of all, You cannot delete the preinstalled apps. You delete apps from the home screens - not from the task bar at the bottom of the iPad.

To delete an app from the iPad, you tap and hold down on the icon until it "shakes" on the screen. An X will pop up in the upper left corner of the icon. Tap the X to delete the app.

When you double tap the home button and remove an app from the task bar - you are merely closing or quitting the app - not deleting it.

Jan 5, 2012 5:32 AM in response to Demo

the problem is that I cant delete the Apps from the screen as you mentioned in your answer,if I tap on the App nothing is happening.

I m asking this for a frend of mine who has the iPad just a week,and he has the problems,my iPad works very well.

I know that I can delete the preinstalled apps,but on his iPad I can't delete the apps that he installed.strang

Jan 5, 2012 8:43 AM in response to Reind

The only thing that I can think of is that your friend purchased a store demo model and maybe the settings were removed at the store. I have heard of that happening before.

Stores will remove some settings on their demo models so that customers can't change or remove content from the devices. If that is the case in your friend's situation - he will have to take it back to wherever he purchased it and have them re-enable everything on the device for him.

That is the only thing that I can think of as to why the settings are not on the device.

cant delete Apps from screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.