Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I film at 16:9, edit at 16:9 and burn at 16:9 on IDVD and my movies are still letterboxed and distorted and I have to set my TV to zoom to view them without distortion. How can I get my movies to burn full screen?

I film at 16:9, edit at 16:9 and burn at 16:9 on IDVD and my movies are still letter boxed and distorted. I have to set my TV to zoom to view them without distortion. How can I get my movies to burn full screen?

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 5, 2012 7:15 AM

2 replies

Jan 5, 2012 12:20 PM in response to karenfromgrass valley

I feel for you. I waisted days tring to figure out why my exported videos were letterboxed. All my settings were 16:9 too. Before bringing the video into Final Cut Pro, transcode the video with software called "MPG Streamclip." Here is the link to download the software. It's free and it solved my problem. Good luck!

http://www.squared5.com/svideo/mpeg-streamclip-mac.html

I film at 16:9, edit at 16:9 and burn at 16:9 on IDVD and my movies are still letterboxed and distorted and I have to set my TV to zoom to view them without distortion. How can I get my movies to burn full screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.