Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Redeeming Gift Card sent from Canada in US

We have family in Canada. For Christmas, they sent my son a $25 iTunes Gift Card. I am finding that I can't redeem the code because of a country conflict here in the US. I have read somewhere that you have to set up another iTunes account that has an address that matches the region and than I can redeem it. That seems like a complete waste. Seems to me that Apple should 1) clearly mark on the card that is is for that region only (Canada residents only) or something and 2) allow for someway to enter the redemption code of one region and transfer it's monetary value over to the correct region...

Any other way around this anyone? I would hate for my son and sister-in-law to be out $25.00 because of this.

Posted on Jan 5, 2012 7:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2012 8:53 AM

Send it back or give it to someone in Canada.

Itunes cards are country specific.

You can ONLY use the itunes store of your country if residence ( proven by the billing address of your credit card) AND ONLY if you are physically located inside the borders of that country.

In order ot open a Canadian itunes account, you would have to have a Canadian credit card billed to a Canadian address and you would have to be in Canada.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2012 8:53 AM in response to Burly7

Send it back or give it to someone in Canada.

Itunes cards are country specific.

You can ONLY use the itunes store of your country if residence ( proven by the billing address of your credit card) AND ONLY if you are physically located inside the borders of that country.

In order ot open a Canadian itunes account, you would have to have a Canadian credit card billed to a Canadian address and you would have to be in Canada.

Redeeming Gift Card sent from Canada in US

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.