Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What brand/model flash drive can successfully be used in my imac OS X 10.3.9?

I need a rather large (16 GB or larger) flash drive that can successfully transfer data from my old imac (OS X 10.3.9)

to my Macbook (OS X 10.6.8). All of the flash drives I find need a newer Mac OS to work with. Does anyone know of a flash drive

I can purchase for this purpose? Thanks!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.3.x)

Posted on Jan 5, 2012 8:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2012 9:07 AM

Any will work however it's not a bad idea to format prior to being used as Mac OS Extended (Journaled). You can format in Disk Utility. BTW have you considered turning on file sharing on both computers so you can move the files across your network instead of using a flash drive?

3 replies

Jan 5, 2012 3:51 PM in response to rkaufmann87

I may have to do that for my own transfer but also, would like to download certain files to share

(large photo files) with family members. I would just like to give them the sticks with

their files on it. I bought a Kingston Data Traveler 101 GT, but it would not work

in my iMac 10.3.9. Nothing happens when you plug it in. It will work in my newer MacBook. I went to the Kingston website and found out it that it requires Mac 10.6 OS X or later. I have emailed them directly

to see what flash drive model- if any- they suggest. Thanks for trying to help.

What brand/model flash drive can successfully be used in my imac OS X 10.3.9?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.