Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs not showing up on my iPhone 4 and iPad 1 on iOS 5.0.1?

I have about one third of my music library not showing up on my iPhone 4 and iPad 1, even though it is ticked and everything, on iTunes it says that it should have been synced...

For example, I have 'only sync ticked songs and videos to my iPhone/iPad' enabled in iTunes, and all songs by Katy Perry are ticked, but only about 4 show up? the songs that didnt show up are there if I look for them through albums, but they don't show up under the artist 'Katy Perry'.

Basically, iTunes says the songs are synced, but they aren't on the iDevice.

Also, I don't have match enabled, is it something to do with iCloud taking this music 'off' my iDevice because I didn't download it from the iTunes Store?

Thanks

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1, Also on iPad 1 with iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jan 5, 2012 9:37 AM

3 replies

Jan 5, 2012 10:09 AM in response to Steve1994

Hi Steve,

I guess I'm confused. Are you trying to sync with match? or is match off?

If you are trying to sync with match on then go to settings>music> and make sure that the show all music toggle is turned on.

If you are trying to sync with match off and are trying to put files onto your phone without usiing match then uncheck the music tab under your phones information on your computer and then let it sync and take everything off. Then recheck the music box under the music tab and go to your summary page and make sure that the box that says sync only checked music is selected and resync. Sometimes you have to take everything off before you can get it to resync and put stuff back on.

Again, if you talking about what you see with match turned ON, on your ios device then make sure that the toggle for show all music is turned on.

You cannot sync with your computer and itunes match at the same time. You have to do one or the other.

Please let me know if I misunderstood your question or did not answer it properly.

Songs not showing up on my iPhone 4 and iPad 1 on iOS 5.0.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.