Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change static IP on multiple Macs through ARD 3.0?

I just want to re-ip my static addresses on my Macs without having to do networksetup- on every one with a unix command. Can I do it in one shot like I can with renaing the computers or changing to dhcp?

Apple Remote Desktop 3.0-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8), change static ip ard

Posted on Jan 5, 2012 11:01 AM

4 replies

Jan 5, 2012 11:26 AM in response to madoser

You could probably write a UNIX script that would pull from a list of MAC addresses for each computer and send the appropriate IP address, but unless you have a lot of computers you need to change, writing such a script may be more work than just sending the commands individually.

Of course if you change the IP address on a computer you're working with via ARD, you'll sort of be pulling the ladder out from under yourself, so the task will never report as completed. You'll need to quit it manually and re-add the systems. This may also affect running of a script for further systems; I've not tried to change IP addresses en masse so I don't know.

Regards.

How do I change static IP on multiple Macs through ARD 3.0?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.