Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Iphone shows "No service"

I have a Iphone 4, with IOS 5.0.1. After 1 years of use the iphone shows "No service".

These things have I tried to solve the problem:

- Turned it off and on.

- Pushed meny button and poweroff button for 25 seconds.

- Taken out the microsim and put it in again.

- Turned off and on flightmodus.

- Restored the iphone to a older backup.

- Restored it and configured it as a "New Iphone".

- Taken in a other microsim (Didn't work).

- Called my phonecompany, nothing wise to say at all.

Sorry for any bad typing.

Sincerly

Thomas

Norway

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jan 5, 2012 11:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2012 1:43 PM

You have done very good trouble shooting for this problem. The only thing I can add, and you may have already done this when you Restored the iPhone as New. Is to Restore the iPhone as New using iTunes, not the "Software Update" in the iPhone Settings App.

7 replies

Feb 26, 2012 3:55 PM in response to agons

Thotil, after you restored it "as a new iPhone", did you use your older iTunes backup to get your data back (contacts, videos, photos, etc)?

The only reason I am asking is because after I restored my iPhone (just using the simple 'Restore' button), the iPhone worked fine; but started messing up after I used the Itunes Backup to put my data back. Possible corruption of the settings in the Backup? (That's what it turned out to be for me).

So, my suggestion is, if you still have the patience, try and redo the restore as a new Iphone, and then build it up step by step without using the iTunes backup (but make sure you HAVE EVERYTHING BACKED UP some other way). Chances are that it will work fine when the iPhone is set to the factory settings; you should be able to tell straight after the IOS restore (by checking the reception bars). From there, I used the simple sync option (as opposed to the backup) in iTunes combined with my Apple ID account to get most of my data back (apps, contacts, photos, videos, calendars ...). Some of the other settings/data I put in manually afterwards, BUT at least I have a working phone now. If you do go this route, please check your sync options before you do the restore (e.g. I synced my photos with iPhoto so I only had to resync after the restore in order to get the data back).

Hope it makes sense and that this helps.

Apr 22, 2013 7:19 AM in response to Thotil

Not sure this will be working for every one. But I tried it and worked out well.

1. Open Settings.

2. Open Phone

3. Open SIM Applications.

4. Check for international Roaming

5. It should show your current operater and the international.

6. Choose your current Operator.

the phone either will restart or flash once. then i was able to see the signal in my top left side of the phone.

thanks.

My Iphone shows "No service"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.