Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get rid of "Various Artists" on iTunes?

I have a couple soundtracks from films, but all the songs are by the same artist for each soundtrack (Teddy Gieger - The Rocker, Neil Patrick Harris - Dr. Horrible's...), and I'd rather have the artists' names on my iTunes than have all my soundtracks put into one "Various Artists" catagory. I've taken off the "album artist", changed it from "Various Artists" to the name of the artist, changed the genre from "soundtrack", and unchecked "part of a compilation", but when I sync my 4S, it still shows up as "Various Artists". Is there any way to get rid of this?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5

Posted on Jan 5, 2012 10:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2017 11:48 AM

You can fix this problem by going to iTunes and go to the album and press the 3 dots beside the album name. You click on those dots and then get info and uncheck the box that says 'Compilation'

3 replies

Jul 18, 2012 8:48 AM in response to tardisgoesvworp

I had the same problem; it was really annoying. I finally figured out how to fix it though.

Go to the artist "Various Artist" on your ipod. View all the songs and delete them all from your ipod/iphone whatever. You might want to write down which songs are under the "various artist" category so you can remember which ones to add back. Go to the Itunes library and go to the info for each song that you just deleted from your ipod and uncheck "part of a compilation" and where it says "artist album" replace "various artists" with the actual artists name.

When you're finished the various artists category should be gone and all the artists should appear individually.

How to get rid of "Various Artists" on iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.