Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes and iCloud not Working with Windows 7 64 bit ???

I just got a new computer running Windows 7 64 bit. I installed iTunes 10.5.2.11 (64 bit). First error was 'The file "iTunes Library.itl" cannot be read because it as created by a newer verion of iTunes.' I closed iTunes and renamed iTunes Library.itl to iTunes Library.itl-old. Of course when I restarted iTunes, I didn't have a library but that was just a minor problem. iTunes created a new file named Library.itl.

Now when I start iTunes it says 'A required iTunes component is not installed. Please repair or reinstall iTunes. (-4204).' There's an OK button so I click OK. That error goes away and then the next error is 'This iPod cannot be used because the required software is not installed. Run the iTunes installer to remove Tunes, then install the 64 bit version of iTunes.'

So I've uninstalled iTunes and reinstalled itunes about a dozen times. I downloaded it again to amke sure it was the latest version. Same errors every time. I uninstalled all my Apple stuff and reinstalled it. Same errors. Also, iCloud doesn't work. Error is "Application not found."

So ***? iTunes won't recognize my iPod touch or my iPad 2. Tried two different cables. Suggestions???

iPad 2, Windows 7, iPod touch, iPad2, Windows 7 64 bit

Posted on Jan 6, 2012 12:09 AM

There are no replies.

iTunes and iCloud not Working with Windows 7 64 bit ???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.