Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod camera black screen when opened and sync prob HELP!!!

hello i just went to open the camera on my ipod touch 4g and it just went black just a black screen when i press the home button it goes straight to the home screen everything else is fine i just open the camera and a black screen appears, it is working fine now but just wondering if it is faulty or somthing.

some times it does not sync i will plug it into the computes usb port and it wont charge i takes about 3 to 6 tries to get it to work any help 🙂 thanks

iPod touch, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jan 6, 2012 8:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2012 8:25 AM

I am having the same problem with the camera app. I'll be using it and then the screen just goes black. I check other apps and their fine, go back to camera app and still just black. The only way i know to fix it is to reboot the itouch by holding down the power button and the home button for like 5 seconds until the itouch reboots, then the app works again until later when the screen goes black and you have to do it all over again.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2012 8:25 AM in response to ipod 4g man

I am having the same problem with the camera app. I'll be using it and then the screen just goes black. I check other apps and their fine, go back to camera app and still just black. The only way i know to fix it is to reboot the itouch by holding down the power button and the home button for like 5 seconds until the itouch reboots, then the app works again until later when the screen goes black and you have to do it all over again.

Jun 9, 2012 9:34 PM in response to danhalen

Same thing just happened to me, found another solution though.

Plug the USB cable into your PC/base of iPod Touch.

Turn off the iPod completely.

Wait 10 seconds and re-power the iPod.

Now load up the camera; and the screen should be back to normal.

I have similar screen freeze issue with my Sony Erricson K700i Mobile phone, and plugging in the 'power' cable always resolves it, so it would seem to be of the same method used to resolve this iPod issue!!

Strange thing as you've posted, all other apps etc still work. Maybe support will get around to resolving this bug!! 😉

ipod camera black screen when opened and sync prob HELP!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.