5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 7, 2012 6:59 PM by roebeet
Ray_J Level 1 (0 points)

I have subscribed and received confirmation of my subscription. I have tried three times to go through the three steps and am freezing up in step three for over 24 hours. There is no help shown any where. I am seeing many, many others with this problem but no solution. Is anyone from Apple out there? What am I and all other to do?

iMac
  • roebeet Level 2 (430 points)

http://www.apple.com/support/icloud/systemstatus/  I would keep this URL handy.  Looks like there were some issues yesterday.   My suggestion is to stop / restart the process if you haven't already done  so -- it might just be stuck because of yesterday's issues and may need to be restarted to "kick in" again.

• Ray_J Level 1 (0 points)

Not only did this not help but the "/icloud/systemstatus" link given does not work either. I'm not sure what help this link was to be but in addition what are we to do when links that are suggested are not working?

It's working for me (just tried it now) - it's showing that the status is currently green, but last night there were iCloud service issues.  I have no idea why it's not working for you.   It was a suggestion to restart the service, given the information at hand.

Other than restarting the Match process, my only other suggestions are ones I've mentioned here:  https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3626829.   Also, keep in mind that Apple tech support doesn't necessarily peruse these boards, it's a peer to peer service (I don't work for Apple - I'm a user just like you are).  If you need to escalate, I would also suggest that you call Apple directly.

• Ray_J Level 1 (0 points)

Firstly, thank you for your input and patience. I am truly sorry for taking issue with what you suggested. Keep up the good work.

Yes, your suggestion has worked. I had to restart three times but finally I am now on the iTunes Match system. Also, the link that you sent has been accessed. Don't know why it would not work when I first tried but I now am able to access.

No worries and glad to see that you finally got over that obstacle.