Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HDMI tv to appletv2 to a Pioneer receiver?

What is the correct cable route for attaching HDMI tv to appletv2 to a Pioneer receiver? I have a VSX-821-k.

HDMI TV-------->ATV2---------->VSX-821-k.

|

|

Has two HDTV ports

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 6, 2012 9:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2012 10:12 AM

Do you want the AppleTV video out to your TV and Audio out to your receiver? Then you would use an HDMI cable to connect AppleTV and HDTV and TOSLink (digital-audio fiber cable) from AppleTV to receiver. That is what I do.

Some recevers take video and audio from the AppleTV and send both to the HDTV. The receiver is a HDMI switcher. So HDMI cable AppleTV to one of the receivers HDMI inputs and HDMI cable receiver hdmi-out to HDTV.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2012 10:12 AM in response to Ron Bottorff

Do you want the AppleTV video out to your TV and Audio out to your receiver? Then you would use an HDMI cable to connect AppleTV and HDTV and TOSLink (digital-audio fiber cable) from AppleTV to receiver. That is what I do.

Some recevers take video and audio from the AppleTV and send both to the HDTV. The receiver is a HDMI switcher. So HDMI cable AppleTV to one of the receivers HDMI inputs and HDMI cable receiver hdmi-out to HDTV.

HDMI tv to appletv2 to a Pioneer receiver?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.