Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i change my avatar ?

hi, is it possible to change my Avatar ?, i notice that most other members do have a personalised or custom Avatar, the ones suppiled ar ok but would like my own !

tim

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2), iPad 2, iPhone 4S

Posted on Jan 6, 2012 11:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2012 11:27 AM

You have to reach at least Level 2 to use a personalized avatar.

16 replies

Jan 6, 2012 11:48 AM in response to timmy toad

Ahh, I said level 2 and it is now level 3 per the point system info.

If you look at your posts, you can click on each one and see who gave you points for a response. Of course, when you make a lot of responses that can get pretty hard.

The best advice is be active, find a niche if you can or particular area of interest, and help people out regularly...the points will roll in.

Jan 6, 2012 2:41 PM in response to timmy toad

And hanging around on here, reading a lot of posts, you pick up a great deal of information from other users...information you can then feed back to new people. There is a lot of knowledge on here that is not written down in a single location.

When others refer to a knowledge base article, follow the link and read the article and maybe even make a copy. This is a lot of stuff not in the manuals but very good to know.

Stick around, Tim, join the fun and don't be afraid to jump in and help out.

can i change my avatar ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.