Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suri vs. Voice Control for hands free usage

I LOST my ability to use my phone handsfree when I "upgraded" to the 4S. Suri needs so much more of my attention, and doesn't acknowledge when I choose a name from the list given. 95% of the time it just doesn't work. It apologizes, but that isn't any help when I am on the highway. Voice Control got it wrong sometimes, but it ALWAYS was a functioning system. I WISH a new upgrade would allow me the option of turning Suri off and turing Voice Control on.

Suri has stopped taking my dictation too. So, what's the point anyway?

Another problem is it often WILL NOT LET ME HANG UP THE PHONE. So I cannot end a call. Imagine driving and no matter how many times you press end call it keeps ringing the number you are dialing. Kind of distracting, no? The only way to get the phone to function again is to reset it. Not someothing you can do while driving. I would be terrified to learn how many accidents this is causing.

I have LESS than I had before I upgraded, not more. What kind of upgrade is this? Please APPLE fix these problem.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jan 6, 2012 12:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2012 1:09 PM

Want,

You can turn Siri off in settings. It will then revert back to the old voice command mode.

But I don't remember being able to end a call with the old voice command mode either.

As far a Voice Dictation you can use Google or Dragon Dictation which actually works pretty well and you don't need network data for Dragon to work.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2012 1:09 PM in response to Want Old IPhone Back!

Want,

You can turn Siri off in settings. It will then revert back to the old voice command mode.

But I don't remember being able to end a call with the old voice command mode either.

As far a Voice Dictation you can use Google or Dragon Dictation which actually works pretty well and you don't need network data for Dragon to work.

Jan 8, 2012 9:17 AM in response to HolmanGT

This response was helpful regarding "hands free". Have you been satified with Suri? I found it helpful at first, but now I cannot rely on it at all. Also, many times my phone freezes. My complaint regarding not being able to turn off the phone, was not regarding "hands free". I cannot end the call by pressing "End Call". It won't respond to my touch. I have to reset the phone to turn off the call. It is all very frustrating.

Suri vs. Voice Control for hands free usage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.