Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i install themes

How do I install themes for cards in iphoto? I updated to iphoto 11 and themes are not available.

iPhoto '11, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 6, 2012 1:28 PM

7 replies

Jan 6, 2012 3:03 PM in response to AndreRichard

First make your home library visible as follows:

In Lion the Library folder is now invisible. To make it permanently visible enter the following in the Terminal application window: chflags nohidden ~/Library and hit the Enter button - 10.7: Un-hide the User Library folder.

Next you will have to reinstall iPhoto. To do so you'll have to delete the current application and all files with "iPhoto" in the file name with either a .PKG or .BOM extension that reside in the HD/Library/Receipts folder and from the /var/db/receipts/ folder,

User uploaded file

Click to view full size

Then install iPhoto from the source it came on originally. Then apply all necessary updaters.

OT

Apr 8, 2013 5:15 PM in response to Old Toad

Strange... I can't locate the files on my mom's healthy system, either. Am I doing something wrong?

I'm missing these files:

user > Library > Application Support > (no iPhoto folder) > (thus, no themes).

My mom's computer is missing the same thing. But when she clicks, "Create Book" in iPhoto, the themes load properly. (Mine has the "missing themes" error.)

We're both running OSX 10.8.3 and iPhoto 9.4.2. The only difference is my computer recently had a sloppy crash/wipe/OS reinstall.

I'm still hoping to graft these theme files into my system from a healthy system. Is there somewhere else I should look?

Apr 10, 2013 3:24 PM in response to Old Toad

Thanks Old Toad and Jim W. – double Library syndrome.

IT WORKED. Victorious!

I copied the iPhoto folder from a healthy Mac and transplanted into my Library directory. It required a Database Repair, but everything is working normally now. Woo! Here's my workflow, for other troubled souls:

0. Quit iPhoto. Make sure your iPhoto library is backed up, just in case.

1. Grab a copy of this folder from a healthy Mac, running the same version of iPhoto as your Mac. Make sure you don't move it:

Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/iPhoto

2. Transfer the donor copy of the iPhoto folder in the same location on your computer:

Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/iPhoto

3. Repair your iPhoto database to make sure the transplant is properly installed. (See instructions here: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2638). You may need to repair permissions as well.

4. Restart your computer.

5. Open iPhoto, you should be good to go!

Thanks for everyone's help.

PG

how do i install themes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.