Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have just got an ipod and was wondering i started it up on my home computer can i now transfer all my thing (music, games, movie) so that my laptop is my main sync place

i was just wondering if i can sync my ipod from one computer to another with out losing all my data i need to know how to do so as im leaving the computer which it was first sync onto here while i travel overseas but will be taking my laptop, how can i sync between the two computers with out losing data??

many thanks Grace

iPod touch

Posted on Jan 6, 2012 8:17 PM

1 reply

Jan 8, 2012 3:30 PM in response to grace from old koreelah

You should copy your iTunes library from the older computer to your new laptop using one of the methods described in this Apple support document.

iTunes: How to move your music to a new computer

Or if you would like you can use your iPod to move your iTunes library as well, assuming it's a model that supports Disk Mode (meaning it's not an iPod Touch, iPhone, or iPad).

How to use your iPod to move your music to a new computer

B-rock

I have just got an ipod and was wondering i started it up on my home computer can i now transfer all my thing (music, games, movie) so that my laptop is my main sync place

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.