Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer emails to google apps

I have started the big task of using Google apps for my email accounts. I have managed to get Google apps email accounts working fine with Mail.app. Now I tried "Google Email Uploader" to store all older emails on each Google account. But unfortunately I see that Google don't treat the threads (sent/received) emails the same, and there is some confusion between the two.

Also after I upload the emails, Mail.app is downloading the emails and there is a mess in Mail.app too. 😟

I'm planing to change from POP to IMAP when I manage (if I manage) to solve the upload issues. So if anyone have been through this procedure and have some advice to give it would be much appreciated.

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz, 3Gb RAM 500Gb HD, Mac OS X (10.7.2), iPhone 4

Posted on Jan 7, 2012 2:33 PM

1 reply

Jan 9, 2012 7:14 AM in response to Mats Jidaker

So I got it working and uploading the emails to Google apps mail. A bit confusing as Google mail has "Sent Mails" and "Sent Messages" but it works. I can now receive and send emails from Mail.app through Google apps mail.

The last struggle I have is that the sent messages won't show up in the normal "Sent" part of Mail.app. I have been playing around with the settings in Mail.app but I don't get it to work. iCloud/MobileMe IMAP is working fine with the Sent mail.

Any suggestions or does anybody have the same problem?

Transfer emails to google apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.