Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone running FCPX on a MacMini2.0GHz quad-core Intel Core i7?

Anyone running FCPX on a MacMini2.0GHz quad-core Intel Core i7? I like the idea of having two 750GB RPM 7200 drives coupled with an i7 quad core.

My only reservations would be the 2.0 Ghz processor speed and the Intel HD Graphics 3000 integrated GPU. However, I've noticed that on a 2011 MBP 13" i7 Dual Core with the Intel HD Graphics 3000 integrated GPU that uprgrading to 8GB RAM raises the amount of memory dedicated to graphics to 512MB...from 256. Not sure how critical processor speed is on a i7 quad. Seems that on board 7200 drives might possibly offset the slower i7 when running FCPX. I also wonder about heat dissipation on the MacMini.

Any thoughts on this unit might be satisfactory with FCPX?

Posted on Jan 7, 2012 5:50 PM

2 replies

Jan 17, 2012 8:23 PM in response to mslover

Yes. That is what Apple would like you to do. They could have made an i7 quad core Mac Mini that ran faster than 2.0GHz and with a proper GPU....but that would have cut into the highest end MacPro and iMac market.

I love the MacMini concept of a movaeble/portable workstation with two fast and high capacity drives that will fit in your satchel and hook up to any Mac screen and keyboard/mouse/tablet. I must be in the "marketing" minority and not fit into Apple's vision.

Anyone running FCPX on a MacMini2.0GHz quad-core Intel Core i7?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.